Friday, March 10, 2017

Getting Started

          I spent a great deal of time postponing this assignment simply because I didn't know how to start; I found myself completely indecisive when it came down to choosing a genre. Originally, I considered doing a nature magazine but dropped the idea as I couldn't think of anything engaging enough to write about the subject. However, my current choice now seems so obvious that I'm surprised I didn't consider it earlier--a literary magazine. Considering the fact that I'm the art director for the literary club's magazine this year, this genre seems to be the most fitting choice.
          The Electric Ink Literary Magazine relies on artwork and poetry submitted by students, a practice I obviously can't utilize for this assignment because all text and images included have to be original. However, I do have a presentable amount of original art and writing that I've accumulated over the years. As far as the actual content for the magazine goes, I'm not really concerned about not having enough material.

          I'll be covering the specificities of the genre and its characteristics in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment