Sunday, March 26, 2017

Getting Feedback

         Today, my class was divided up into groups so we could critique each other's projects thus far. I'm pleased to say that it was a productive use of time and fairly helpful for myself.

         The people I worked with seemed to share my opinions when it came to designing a literary magazine; omitting cover lines makes for a cleaner and more aesthetically pleasing cover page. I'd already more or less decided to exclude them from my design, but hearing my thoughts reaffirmed by others really pushed me over the fence about it. It think it's worth risking a potential lack of clarity if the payoff is a more attractive cover.
 
         I didn't receive too much constructive criticism, I'm afraid, but I'm more confident that I'm going in the right direction judging by everyone's reactions.

         I'm still a bit torn as to the direction I should go for the two-page spread. I really like all three variants I found in my research--I'd like to experiment with all of them, but I have to be realistic about what I can accomplish in the time that I have left.

         I'm leaning for the "half-and-half" layout I keep seeing in all my examples; there's something striking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment